Thursday 30 April 2015

Connecting Essay Three

Photograph I Found:


I found this photograph by searching 'alive and dead flower' on Google images. This photograph immediately stuck out to me due to the vibrant pink and yellow colours of the flower on the left. This flower is the most noticeable thing about this photograph, until our attention is drawn to the flower on the right. The contrast between both flowers appears to be the main purpose of this photograph. We can see that the flower on the right is dying, or already dead, for it is crumpled and the colours seem to be faded. I also like how the sky can be seen in the background of the flowers, allowing them to be nicely lit.

Photograph I Took:



This photograph was taken during my first 'evidence' shoot, where I was trying to capture many forms of evidence that I could base, broaden and expand my work on in the future. The flower on the right, despite not looking particularly healthy, looks very much alive in comparison to the flower that could be found on the left. The petals have shrivelled up and have lost any colour or vibrancy that it might have had before. I really like the contrast that can be found between both of these flowers, and I think that what is trying to be captured was successfully captured, which is the contrast between alive and dead substances.


Similarities:

Both of these photographs shared the same aim: to capture the difference between a dead flower and an alive flower. I think that the creator of the first photograph managed to take a photo that was very eye catching and very blatant in terms of what it is about. My photograph isn't so vibrant, so it isn't extremely noticeable, making it a photo that takes a while to understand the concept of. Also, my photograph does not have as much as an appealing background as the other photograph, and is taken at quite a wonky angle. Due to these factors, I have concluded that the photograph I found was better than my own photograph, and I will use this photograph to keep in mind what factors I should think about when taking photographs like this in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment