Sunday 1 March 2015

Discussion

Soon after the completion of Unit 1, I was given a choice of 5 project topics to choose from that would be the basis of Unit 2. These choices were The Weather, Creative Use of Light, Photomontage, Sports People and Evidence. After thoroughly examining all of the choices, I first determined that 'The Weather' would be the topic I excelled in the most. However, after a shoot that I thought would become quite repetitive due to the unchanging weather in Britain, I started to consider possibly changing my topic before it was too late. Here are some of the photographs I got from the weather shoot:




I decided that 'Evidence' would be a better topic for me due to the fact I do not have to rely on something that can change daily, like the weather, and I am able to plan evidence much more efficiently. The first shoot for evidence went quite well. I based my ideas off of some photographs I found by searching 'evidence photography', using the idea of evidence of smoking/addiction. These photographs could also have come under the topic of evidence of crime, due to the fact that the items I photographed had been littered. Here are some examples from shoot one:


I found future shoots a lot easier due to the fact that I had grasped what I had to do for the evidence topic within the first shoot. I intend on adding a lot more photographs with various topic ideas in future sessions, some of which will take place in the studio, and other sessions continuing to be based on location shoots

No comments:

Post a Comment